Cajun Dressed Seafood Po'boys
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 pounds (3 pints) cornmeal
- 1 1/2 pounds (3 pints) all-purpose flour
- 12 pounds medium shrimp,
shelled; or 36 dozen shucked oysters
- 3 quarts mayonnaise
- 10 cloves
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce
- 48 hero rolls
(about 6-inches long)
- 3 pounds (1 gallon) shredded lettuce
- 6 pounds (12)
large tomatoes, cut in strips
- In small bowl, combine eggs and milk. In shallow pan, combine
cornmeal and flour.
- Dip shrimp or oysters in egg mixture. Deep fry in
hot oil (350°F - 375°F) until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic and TABASCO® Sauce.
- Slice 1 inch off end of
hero rolls. Scoop out soft insides. Spread inside of roll with
- Spoon in shrimp, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe yields 48 Po' boy sandwiches.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes