Down-Home Sausage Gravy Over Biscuits
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 biscuits, kept warm
- Combine sausage and onion in large skillet.
- Cook over medium-low heat,
stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in flour; mix
well. Stir in evaporated milk, water, salt and hot pepper sauce.
stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately over biscuits.
SERVING SIZE 1
CALORIES PER SERVING 200
CALORIES FROM FAT 70
% DAILY VALUE *
Total Fat 8g 12%
Cholesterol 25mg 8%
Sodium 440mg 18%
Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 3g 10%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
* Percentage Daily Values are based on a 2000
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Very Best Baking.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes