Creole Chicken and Okra
- 4 chicken leg quarters, cut into 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks
tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped onion
- 1 cup
coarsely-chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 clove
- 2/3 pound okra, sliced
- 2 cups coarsely-chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup warm chicken broth
cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Remove and discard chicken skin.
- In nonstick Dutch oven, place
oil and heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning,
about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken to
warm bowl. To Dutch oven, add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic;
stir and cook about 5 minutes. Add okra and cook, stirring, about 5
- Stir in tomatoes, parsley, paprika, bay leaf and
salt. Return chicken to Dutch oven and spoon vegetable mixture over top.
- In small bowl, mix together chicken broth, wine and hot pepper
sauce; pour over all. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook about 30
minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
Cajun Recipes Page 1