Creamy Crab Meat Au Gratin
- 1 celery stalk chopped fine
- 1 red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 cup white onion chopped fine
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar
- 12 ounces of evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Sauté celery, peppers, and onion
in butter until soft, do not brown.
- Mix in the flour, and make sure to blend well.
- Add the evaporated milk in
slowly, and stir constantly so it doesn't burn.
- Stir in the egg yolks, salt and
red and black pepper, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place the crab meat into a bowl
and mix the crab meat to make sure it is separated well.
- Add the
sauce to the crab meat and mix until the sauce is incorporated with the
- Place in the casserole dish, and
sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375
degrees for about 15 minutes, keeping a close watch to make sure the
cheese does not burn.
Serve with plenty of garlic bread.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes