What's better than ordinary pizza? Pizza that is topped with seasoned
crawfish tails! This is easy to make and tastes delicious!
- 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound cooked, seasoned peeled crawfish
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or 1 cup shredded, part-skim, mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 400ºF. Cover crust with olive oil and garlic.
Sprinkle with basil.
- In small nonstick skillet coated with
nonstick cooking spray, sauté the mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until
tender. Add spinach, stirring until wilted.
- Evenly spoon
spinach mixture, crawfish, tomatoes, red onion, and cheese on top of
crust. Bake 8–10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is browned.
Makes 6 - 8 slices
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 189, Calories from fat (%) 35, Fat (g) 8, Saturated Fat (g) 3,
Cholesterol (mg) 65, Sodium (mg) 265, Carbohydrate (g) 17, Dietary Fiber
(g) 1, Sugars (g) 2, Protein (g) 13, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 1/2
Terrific Tidbit: Fresh mozzarella cheese may be
found in the deli section and has a different texture and taste than the
packaged mozzarella cheese. It is slightly higher in fat but I think it
is worth the flavor.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Holley Clegg
and Louisiana Crawfish Research and
Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Appetizers