Classic Crawfish Sausage Etouffee
This crawfish and sausage etoufee will be one recipe you will
want for your recipe box. Delicious and seasoned to perfection.
Serve it over rice and you have a feast!
- 2 lbs. peeled crawfish tails
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. crawfish fat (optional)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound smoked sausage
Seafood is a favorite dish among Cajuns. This soup is great for the Cajun
soul in you!
- Season crawfish tails with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt butter
in a heavy pot; add onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic; cook until soft.
Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add crawfish fat, tomato sauce and the 2 cups
of water to which the cornstarch has been dissolved in.
- Add one pound of
sliced, smoked sausage.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add onion
tops and parsley and crawfish tails.
- Cook for an additional 10 to 15
minutes. Serve over rice.
Yield : 6 servings Servings : 6 servings Prep Time : 15m Cook Time : 45m
Ready In : 60m
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1