Crawfish Pasta in Red Butter Sauce
- 8 oz. egg noodles
- Boiling salted water
- 4 T. butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 t. minced garlic
- 1 c. thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 t. paprika
- 2 t. basil
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 1 c. grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. coarsely chopped black olives
- Drop noodles into boiling salted water and cook for 10 minutes or
until tender. Drain.
- While noodles cook, melt butter in saucepan
and sauté garlic and red bell pepper for 1-2 minutes. Add crawfish and
sauté 2-3 minutes longer.
- Whisk in cream, tomatoes, paprika,
basil and pepper until blended. Stir in grated cheeses and olives and
heat, stirring, until cheese is melted but not boiling.
- Toss hot
noodles with crawfish sauce and serve promptly.
Recipe provided by Louisiana
Crawfish Promotion and Research Board and Leslie Davis. Used with
Cajun Recipes Page 1