Crawfish Corn Fritters
These corn fritters are delicious with the addition of crawfish tails.
Fry to a golden brown and serve with sauce of your choice.
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 3 12-oz. cans niblet corn, drained
- 1/2 lb. crawfish tailmeat, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Tartar or remoulade sauce **
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except oil and sauce.
- Heat 1/4" oil in large skillet over medium heat. Spoon batter
into hot oil in batches, 1 T. at a time. Fry, turning once, until
browned on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels
and serve warm or at room temperature with tartar or remoulade sauce.
**Remoulade Sauce is available in grocery stores in the seafood
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Research Board, used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1