Crawfish Au Gratin
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. half& half
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tail meat
- Salt & white pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 T. cream sherry
- 8 oz. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In top of double boiler, melt
butter and blend in flour. Gradually add half & half, stirring
constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add crawfish, salt, and
white and cayenne peppers to taste. Mix well. Heat thoroughly. Blend in
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole or individual
ramekins. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and Research Board
Cajun Recipes Page 1