Cajun Crab Baked Potatoes
- 2 c Crabmeat
- 4 lg Baking potatoes4 tb Butter
- 1/2 c Onion; chopped
- 1/2 c Mushrooms; sliced
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 c Dry vermouth
- 2 tb Low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tb Sour cream
- 1/4 c Half and half
- 3/4 c Gruyere cheese
- Clean and bake potatoes. Cool slightly and cut in half, lengthwise.
- Place pulp into bowl, leaving about 1/4-inch shell. Reserve skins and
mash pulp. Melt butter in skillet and sauté onion until it takes on a
light coloring (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and sauté another
5 minutes. Add the crabmeat and pepper. Add vermouth and bring to a
boil. Make sure you stir frequently. Cook mixture until liquid is
- Remove from heat and add yogurt and sour cream, then add
half and half.
- Combine crabmeat, onion mixture, pulp from potato, and
about 1/2 of cheese.
- Add additional ground black pepper and a bit
more half and half if desired. Place the mixture into the potato
skins. Sprinkle with additional 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees.
Cajun Recipes Page 1