Cajun Cole Slaw
- 5 tb Mayonnaise, (heaping)
- 1 ts Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tb Yellow mustard (heaping)
- 2 tb Ketchup
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 1 tb Wine vinegar
- 1 ts Garlic salt
- 1 tb Lea & Perrins
- 1 ea Juice of mediums size lemon
- 3 ts Salt (to taste)
- 4 ea Bell peppers, sliced
- 2 ea Onions, medium, shredded
- 1 ea Large cabbage, shredded
- Put mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl large enough to hold complete
mixture, but shaped so that the mixture can be beaten with a fork.
- Beat mayonnaise and mustard until combined. Add olive oil slowly,
beating all the time. Beat until mixture has returned to the thickness
of original mayonnaise. Add Louisiana hot sauce, continuing to beat.
- Add ketchup and keep beating. Add salt and garlic salt, beating all
the time. Add wine vinegar (this will thin the sauce down). Beat this
thoroughly, adding the lemon juice as you do so. Taste for salt and
- Place shredded cabbage, peppers, and onions in a large
salad bowl. pour sauce over and toss well. This should be done about an
hour before serving.
This cole slaw tastes even better the next day!
Cajun Recipes Page 1