Cajun Chicken Etouffee Recipe
- 3/4 c Onion, half fine cut and-half rough cut.
- 3/4 c Bell pepper, fine cut.
- 3/4 c Celery, fine cut.
- 3 Little green onions, fine chop.
- 1 lg Clove garlic, fine chop.
- 2 ts Cajun chicken spice-mixture.
- 3 Pats butter.
- 3 tb Dry roux.
- 3 c Chicken broth.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Pre cook the chicken breasts in micro wave for about 10 minutes on
- Set aside to cool. When cool, pull into strips about the size of a
small finger. (You could use an equal amount of leftover roast
- Singe the rough cut onions in cast iron skillet over medium
high heat. When lightly browned (3-5 minutes), add the rest of the
vegetables, the garlic and the spices.
- Add butter and sizzle over
medium heat until the vegetables are limp, about 5 minutes. Stir in
the dry roux. Then stir in the chicken broth and simmer uncovered
over low heat for 15 min.
- Add the chicken and continue to simmer for
another 10-15 minutes.
- The sauce should be about as thick as a thin
gravy. Serve over rice.
Makes two generous servings.
You can serve this etouffee with a loaf of French bread
Cajun Recipes Page 1