Cheesy Tomato Chicken Pasta Bake
Cheesy, tomato chicken pasta. Easy, cheesy and delicious!
- 5 cups Cooked chicken; cubed
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Celery; chopped
- 1 Red pepper; chopped
- 1 Green pepper; chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms; chopped
- 1 cup Olives; sliced
- 1 cup Italian plum tomatoes; pureed
- 1 cup Tomato paste
- 1 pounds penne pasta
- ½ pounds Cheddar cheese; grated
- ½ pounds Monterey jack cheese; grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- Bring the chicken broth in a boil
large pot. Stir in the celery, red & green pepper, mushrooms, olives, tomato
puree and tomato paste. Cook over medium high heat for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and cook until al
dente about 20-30 minutes.
- Fold in the reserved chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the 3 cheeses in a bowl.
- Alternately layer the chicken
mixture with the mixed cheese in a large oven proof casserole, ending with a
layer of cheese.
- Cook the casserole until the cheese
is completely melted and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Photo credit: jeffreyw