- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive
- 1 to 2 cups mixed bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion,
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 cups
of your favorite etouffée sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning spice blend
cup rice, cooked
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in sauté
pan over high heat; add peppers, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté until onions
- Add etouffée sauce and reduce to a simmer.
In another skillet,
heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle fillets with Cajun
seasoning. Place into skillet and sauté for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and gently pour etouffée sauce over fillets. Reduce heat
to low; simmer approximately 5 minutes or until catfish is cooked through.
- Serve catfish fillets topped with the etouffee sauce over rice and enjoy.
Recipe and photograph used with
permission from The Catfish Institute.
Cajun Recipes Page 1