- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine (may substitute chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- In a small pan, bring water to a boil and reduce
- Simmer fillets 5 to 7 minutes or until done.
- Remove fillets. When cool,
cut into small pieces; dust lightly with paprika.
- Melt butter in sauté
pan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, green onions and garlic until tender,
- Blend in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in
chicken broth. Heat to simmering, stirring constantly.
- Add white wine,
parsley, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper, Old Bay seasoning and lemon juice.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes to reduce liquid to desired consistency.
Stir in cream, then catfish and heat thoroughly.
- Ladle into bowls and top
with chopped green onions for garnish.
Serves 2. Recipe and
photograph used with permission from The Catfish Institute
Cajun Recipes Page 1