Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
With this delicious recipe for Carrot Cake with Coconut Cream Cheese
Frosting, you can make one large cake, or a 3 layer cake.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Oil
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1 pounds Grated carrots
- 3/4 cup Chopped nuts
- 1 cup Raisins
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Coconut
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 Box confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Grease and flour pans. This
recipe will make a (1) 9x13' single layer cake, or (3) 9"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs until foamy, add oil
slowly, add dry ingredients, beat until smooth. Add carrots, nuts, and
- Bake in 350 oven for 25-40
minutes if doing one layer. It will take less time for 3 layers. Just
keep checking on them for doneness.
- Prepare the frosting by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a
skillet, add coconut stirring constantly over low heat until browned.
- Cream the remaining butter, cream cheese, milk, and vanilla and beat
in the sugar and 1 and 1/2 cups coconut.
- After cake has cooled, frost the cake and sprinkle with remaining
Photo credit: jeffreyw.
Cajun Recipes Page 1