- About 2 cups of pecan halves
- 1/4 stick of butter (no margarine!)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- A sprinkle of cayenne
- Melt the butter in non stick or cast iron.
- Add the pecans, brown sugar, salt & cayenne.
- Stir constantly over med-low heat until the sugar is completely melted.
- Turn to med-high heat and continue stirring constantly until the sugar
starts to caramelize.
- Spread the pecans over wax paper to cool.
Photo and recipe provided by Kevin McCullin and is used with permission.