Cajun Rice And Seafood Supreme
- 1/2 lb margarine
- 3 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint half and half
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cubes processed cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds cleaned fresh raw shrimp
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat (lump meat)
- One 6-ounce jar mushroom pieces
- 2 ounces sliced pimentos
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- Season to taste with red, white and black pepper, salt, garlic
powder, Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Melt butter in a 6 quart sauce pot.
Sauté onions, bell pepper and celery on medium heat 5 minutes or until
all is thoroughly softened.
- Add flour; stir in well. Add half and half,
sour cream, cubed processed cheese and seasoning.
- Cook until all
cheese is melted. Add shrimp, crab meat and mushrooms.
- Cook on medium
heat 20 minutes, or until shrimp and crab meat are well-cooked. Add
pimentos for color.
- Fold cooked rice into seafood sauce. Spoon in
serving dish. Garnish accordingly with lemon slices. Cut carrot or
radish flowers if desired.
Photo credit: VanessaC (EY).
Cajun Recipes Page 1