Cajun Crabmeat Puffs
Cajun Crabmeat Puffs using crabmeat, Cajun seasonings, crawfish, cheddar
cheese, etc, then baked.
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 cup crawfish, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 2 tsps. Tabasco
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cups butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In mixing bowl combine crab,
crawfish, onions, and bell pepper. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce,
Tabasco and cheese.
- Combine water, butter and salt
in a medium saucepan, bring mixture to a boll. Reduce heat to low; add
flour and stir vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a
- Remove saucepan from heat and
allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating
with a wooden spoon after each addition. Beat until batter is smooth.
Add crab mixture. stir well.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoon
onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F. and bake an
additional 10 minutes.
- Serve puffs warm.
*Can be frozen. Let thaw completely and bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Appetizers