Appetizers and Snacks |
Beef and Pork |
Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya |
Bread and Rolls |
Cajun Cooking Terms |
Cajun Jokes |
Chicken, Turkey and Cornish
and Relish |
Fish and Seafood |
Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice
and Beans |
Preserves, Jams and Jelly |
Salad and Salad Dressing |
Sandwiches and Po' Boys |
Seasoning, Sauce, Rub
and Roux |
Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing |
Soup, Stew and Chili |
Cajun Crabmeat and Crawfish Puffs
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 cup crawfish, chopped
- 1/4 cup
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp Tabasco
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cups butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In mixing bowl combine crab, crawfish,
onions, and bell pepper. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and
- Combine water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan,
bring mixture to a boll. Reduce heat to low; add flour and stir
vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition.
Beat until batter is smooth. Add crab mixture. stir well.
batter by heaping teaspoon onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400F
for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F. and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve puffs warm.
- Can be frozen. Let thaw completely and
bake at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Cajun Recipes Page 1