Cajun Alligator Tail with Lemon Butter
- 2 lbs alligator tail meat, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 ts Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ts Parsley; dried
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 tb Parsley; fresh chopped OR 1/2 ts Onion powder
- 1/4 lb Butter/margarine
- 2 lb Alligator tail; slice thin
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Over low heat in small saucepan, melt margarine or
butter and stir in the remaining ingredients; DON'T LET IT BOIL. Let
heat through, then serve immediately.
Yield: About 1/2 cup
BROILED ALLIGATOR TAIL:
- Lay alligator slices on a flat broiler pan,
and place about 6 inches from the heating element.
- Broil for 10 to 15
minutes or until done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and brush the
top of the meat with the lemon-butter sauce, making sure to coat the
- Serve immediately.
Source: Justin Wilson's "Homegrown Louisiana Cooking"
Cajun Recipes Page 1