Frank's Place Crawfish Etouffee
- 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- 3 T Flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 c Minced
- 1/2 c Chopped green onion
- 1/2 c Chopped celery
- 2 Cloves
- 1 t Tomato paste
- 2 c Fish stock (see note)
- 1 c
- 2 c Crayfish meat
- 1/4 c Chopped parsley
- 1 t
- 1/2 t Black pepper
- 1/2 t Cayenne pepper
- 2 c Hot cooked
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; remove from heat and
stir in flour until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring,
for 10 minutes, until roux is dark brown.
- Stir in chopped white
and green onions, celery and garlic; cook about 10 minutes.
tomato paste to fish stock; stir into onion mixture.
tomatoes, crawfish, parsley and seasonings; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
NOTE: Make fish stock
from heads and tails of fish and/or crawfish.
This etouffee sounds hard, but it will
not be long until you get the hang of it.
Cajun Recipes Page 1