Frank's Place New Orleans Gumbo
- 1 c Chopped onions
- 1 c Chopped celery
- 1 c Chopped green bell pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- 1/4 c Flour, all-purpose
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ds Tabasco sauce
- 5 Bay leaves
- 1 cn Tomatoes, drained (16oz)
- 1 c Tomato juice
- 5 c Hot water
- 3 c Shrimp, shelled/deveined
- 6 Small hard-shell crabs
- 24 Shucked oysters
- 1 lb Okra, chopped
- 3 c Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In large Dutch oven, gently sauté onion, celery and bell pepper in
butter; add garlic and continue to sauce 5 minutes.
- Remove from
heat and slowly stir in flour. Add salt, pepper, Tabasco, bay leaves,
tomatoes and tomato juice; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the hot
water, shrimp, crabs, oysters, and okra; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Spoon a few tablespoons cooked rice in each of six large soup bowls;
ladle gumbo onto rice and garnish with parsley.
Cajun Recipes Page 1