Cajun Creamy Asparagus Soup
- 2 cups asparagus, thick ends removed, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
½ cups water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cube chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in ½
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and onions
and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Transfer to a
food processor and puree until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through
a strainer or cheesecloth.
- In a medium stockpot, combine the strained
asparagus mixture, butter, water, milk, bouillon, salt, and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to prevent clumps.
- Reduce to medium and cook until smooth and thick, 5 to 10 minutes,
- Add grated cheese, whisk until smooth, and serve
Cajun Recipes Page 1