Justin Wilson's Hush Puppies
- Deep fat for frying
- Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 c Buttermilk
- 1 c Green onion, finely chopped
- 1 c Plain flour
- 1 ts Baking powder
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 ts Garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/2 ts Soda
- 2 c Cornmeal
- 2 tb Bacon drippings, hot
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, onions, and
oil or bacon drippings. Mix well.
- Drop in deep hot fat by spoonful's and
brown on all sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
Cajun Recipes Page 1