Creole Garlic and Shrimp Appetizer
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine, softened
- 2 T Minced fresh parsley
- 1 T Minced shallots (heaping)
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 t Paprika
- 1/8 t Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t Salt
- 2 t Pernod
- 1/2 t Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lb Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Olive oil
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 3/4 c Dry white wine
- Cream butter with wooden spoon for several minutes.
- Add parsley,
shallots, garlic, seasonings, Pernod and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice; mix
well and set aside.
- Coat shrimp with flour.Heat olive oil
in large skillet; shake flour from shrimp and add shrimp to skillet.
- Sauté shrimp very quickly, about 3 minutes; when they start to turn
pink, cook them on other side. Drain oil from skillet.
- Add 1/2
cup lemon juice and the wine and shake pan briefly over heat, about 1
- Add reserved garlic butter and toss shrimp quickly with
- When butter is melted, serve shrimp immediately.
Cajun Recipes Page 1