Creole Cheese 'n Peanut Crackers
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine, softened
- 2 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 t Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 c Flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 c Oven-toasted rice cereal
- 3/4 c Finely chopped peanuts
- Cream butter, cheese, cayenne pepper and salt together in large
mixing bowl. Mix in flour, then cereal and peanuts.
- Press dough
into small loaf pan and chill in freezer until firm. Place chilled dough
on cutting board; cut into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Place slices 1
inch apart on cookie sheets; bake in preheated 325' over 12 to 15
minutes, or until golden.
- Transfer crackers to wire rack. Serve
warm or at room temperature
Cajun Recipes Page 1