Cajun Stuffed Pork Chops
- 8oz smoked pork tasso, diced (smoked ham)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 pork chops, thick cut (1 ¼”)
- 1 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- 4 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
- 4 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large oven safe skillet
(we’re using a cast iron skillet) heat 1 tsp. of olive oil over medium
heat. Add tasso, onions, bell peppers, garlic, 1 tsp. of Slap Ya Mama
Hot Blend Seasoning and 1 tsp. of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce.
Sautee until the onions are browned.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir
in green onions and parsley, mix well and set aside.
- With a
knife, cut a pocket along the side of each pork chop. Try to make the
opening as small as possible while creating the pocket as large as
possible on the inside of the pork chop.
- Using a spoon, stuff each pork
chop with the tasso filling until full. You can either use toothpicks or string to
help hold the pocket closed.
- Season the outside of the pork chops with
the Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and the remaining Slap Ya Mama
Cajun Pepper Sauce; being sure to rub the seasoning into the pork chops.
- Using the same skillet, being sure to leave the remnants from the
tasso filling in the skillet, heat 1 tsp. of olive oil over medium high
heat and brown each pork chop for about 3 minutes on each side or until
- Place skillet and pork chops in the oven and bake at 350
degrees F for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork
chops reach 155 degrees F using a meat thermometer.
- Serve and
Recipe serves 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Slap Ya Mama Used with
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes