Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Catfish
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- 12 large catfish fillets
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh parsley
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/2 lb. Unsalted butter
- 1/2 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Minced green onions
- Finely chop shrimp.
- Add eggs, cream, sherry, onions, the 2 tablespoons parsley, mushrooms
- Divide mixture evenly on 6 fillets in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread out and top with remaining fillets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
You can choose to serve this with lemon wedges and parsley, or use this lemon
butter sauce on the side.
For the Lemon Butter Sauce:
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add the lemon and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add seasoning and green onions and simmer for 1 minute.
- You want to serve this while it's still hot.
Recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes