Cajun Shrimp and Rice
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes, un-drained and cut up
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 6- to 6-1/4-ounce package long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine un-drained tomatoes, chicken
broth, onion, sweet pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, the water,
garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat
setting for 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn slow cooker to high-heat setting.
- Stir shrimp into rice mixture.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.
- If desired, pass hot pepper sauce.
Recipe yields: 6 servings
This recipe was posted at our old message board.