Cajun Shrimp Bisque
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 lbs.
- 8 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste (or Cajun
- In a 5-quart pot, sauté the onions in
butter until soft.
- Add enough flour to absorb butter.
- Combine the shrimp,
water, bay leaves, seasonings, and bring water to a boil. Continue boiling for 6
- Pour the stock from the shrimp into the onion-flour mixture.
- Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until thickened,
- Chop the shrimp into small pieces and add to the
- Cook 15 minutes longer, remove bay leaves and serve in bowls or cups.
More Cajun And Creole Recipes