- 2 California avocados, about 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup small cherry tomatoes (cut in halves or quarters, if large)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped, fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 rounded teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarsely mash (DO NOT PUREE) avocados; stir in lemon juice. Fold in
- Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible.
- For short-term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of
plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.
Recipe Serves: 6
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes