Cajun Crawfish Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes
Once again, our great friend Evelyn Brandon has shared her recipe for
these awesome crawfish stuffed potatoes with cheese and yummy spices!
Thank you so much Evelyn! Evelyn also posts her recipes on
Kitchen, please go give her a visit and tell her I sent ya! She
doesn't share many of her treasured recipes, so you need to grab this
one while ya can!
- 1 pound crawfish meat, rough chopped
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine (I never use margarine)
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder (optional)
- salt pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 pound shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake potatoes for an hour, or until soft and
Remove potatoes from the oven and let cool about 20
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan.
Sauté the green onions,
parsley, seasonings (except cayenne) and crawfish.
- After a couple
minutes, add the cayenne powder to the ingredients being sautéed and mix
When the ingredients in the sauté pan have about 4-5
minutes left, add cheese.
- When the cheese has melted remove from stove
and set aside.
Scoop out the potatoes and put in a large mixing
- Fold in the crawfish and cheese mixture.
- Scoop the mixture back
into the empty potato skins
- Sprinkle the sharp cheese on top of
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and serve immediately.
This recipe and photo was provided to us by our
good friend Evelyn Brandon, thanks so much!
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes