Cajun Crawfish Bread
- 2 cups peeled crawfish tails
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the
loaf. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high
heat. Sauté crawfish, onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic 15
- Blend in dry mustard and mayonnaise.
- Add cheeses and blend
- Spread crawfish mixture inside the bread then put
halves back together.
- Butter the top of the loaf, wrap it in foil and
bake on a barbecue pit or in a 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut bread into slices and serve hot.
Makes 4 to 5 servings
Source: louisianaseafood.com & Adapted from The Encyclopedia of Cajun
and Creole Cuisine
Name of Chef: John Folse
Cajun Recipes Page 1