Cajun Cornbread Dressing
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon red peppers
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb. Andouille sausages,chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 5 cups crumbled buttermilk cornbread
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- Combine thoroughly, set aside.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add onions, bell pepper, celery,
garlic and bay leaves; cook over high heat about 2 minutes, stirring
- Add seasoning mix and continue cooking 5 more minutes.
- Stir in sausage, chicken broth and Tabasco.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Add cornbread, milk and eggs.
into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown on top, about 40
This Cajun Cornbread Dressing Recipe is great with your favorite turkey or
chicken, or you can use it as a side dish.
Cajun Recipes Cajun and Creole Recipes