- 1/4 pound Bacon
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 stalk Celery, diced
- 2 1/2 cups Red beans (cooked or canned)
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 pound Cooked pork and/or chicken (leftovers work well)
- 1/2 pound Andouille (or smoked) sausage, sliced
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (tossed with 2 tablespoons melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- Render the bacon in a heavy skillet. Remove the bacon pieces.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. Cook until just soft.
- Add the beans, tomato paste, bacon pieces and broth. Simmer for 15
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Lightly oil a medium casserole dish.
- Place the meat and sausage in the dish.
- Top with the bean mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Toss the breadcrumbs, butter, and Cajun seasonings together.
- Top the casserole with the mixture and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or
until lightly browned.
Yields: 4 servings.
was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes