Cajun Boiled Crabs
Deliciously seasoned and slightly spicy, these crabs are made the Cajun
- 3 gallons water
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 cup salt
- 3 lemons, halved
- 5 dozen live Louisiana crabs
- 5 pounds of ice
For your seafood boils, a single butane burner, a large heavy boiling
pot, and oven mitts are all you need. Depending on the size of the crabs,
you can allow anywhere from 6 to a dozen per person.
- Combine the water, cayenne, salt,
and lemons in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the crabs, cover, and return to
- When the steam appears from the edge
of the lid, cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Shut off fire add ice to stop
cooking and let soak for 10 minutes to absorb seasoning.
- Drain and serve hot.
Recipe and photo courtesy of LouisianaSeafood.com and Louisiana Cookin.