- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 14 1/2 fluid ounces water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- garlic salt to taste
- In a large stock pot over medium high heat, combine ground beef, smoked
sausage, onion, celery and garlic.
- Cook until beef is evenly brown.
- Stir in cabbage, tomatoes, water and rice. Season with garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is done.
This was posted by Joy, at our
old blog in answer to this recipe request: Jane asks: "Need recipe for cabbage
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes