Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin
Living in Louisiana, I have a lot of favorite dishes, we just have so
much to choose from!
This recipe combines two of my most
favorites, boudin AND pork loin! I love
boudin along with cracklins but
I have to tell you, stuffing a pork loin with boudin? Oh yeah, what's
not to love?
- 4 boneless pork butterfly loins
- 1/2 to 1 lb. pork boudin for
- 1/4 cup green onions (scallions), chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound pork loins
between wax paper to about 3/8" thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pork loins end to end overlapping each one about 1/3 onto
the other. Remove boudin from casing and spread down the center of the
loins. Layer green onions on top of the boudin. Bring one side of loins
up and over boudin then bring up other side of loin and pin with
toothpicks to form a roll. Bring up sides and pin to seal in boudin.
- Pour oil into dish and place the rolled up loin into the glass
baking dish and bake for 60 to 75 minutes.
- Let the meat rest 10
minutes, slice in one inch slices and serve. Amazing served with a
chopped kale salad.
- For a rich brown color, brush Kitchen Bouquet
or Gravy Master on the meat. For a simple Au Jus add a small amount of
water to the drippings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Real Cajun Recipes
Cajun Recipes Page 1