Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin
Living in Louisiana, I have a lot of favorite dishes, we just have so
much to choose from!
This recipe combines two of my most
favorites, boudin AND pork loin! I love
boudin along with cracklins but
I have to tell you, stuffing a pork loin with boudin? Oh yeah, what's
not to love?
- 4 boneless pork butterfly loins
- 1/2 to 1 lb. pork boudin for stuffing
- 1/4 cup green onions (scallions), chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound pork loins
between wax paper to about 3/8" thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the pork loins end to end overlapping each one about 1/3 onto
- Remove boudin from casing and spread down the center of the
loins. Layer green onions on top of the boudin.
- Bring one side of loins
up and over boudin then bring up other side of loin and pin with
toothpicks to form a roll.
- Bring up sides and pin to seal in boudin.
- Pour oil into dish and place the rolled up loin into the glass
baking dish and bake for 60 to 75 minutes.
- Let the meat rest 10
minutes, slice in one inch slices and serve. Amazing served with a
chopped kale salad.
- For a rich brown color, brush Kitchen Bouquet
or Gravy Master on the meat.
- For a simple Au Jus add a small amount of
water to the drippings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Real Cajun Recipes
Cajun Recipes Page 1