Blazing Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
- 3 large green, red or yellow bell peppers
- 2-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups (8 oz.) peeled shrimp
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped onions and celery
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2-1/2 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash of Tony Chacherie's Seasoning
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- Shredded cheese, your choice (Optional)
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and membranes.
Cook in boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Combine rice,
shrimp, egg, onions, celery, jalapeno peppers, 2 tbsp. butter, lemon
juice, salt, and pepper. Fill pepper halves with rice mixtures.
- Combine bread crumbs and pepper
seasoning with remaining butter. Sprinkle over peppers. Top with shredded
cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until heated
Makes 6 servings.
Photo credit: Cayobo.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Appetizers