Deep Fried Beer Battered Shrimp
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1½ cup (12 ounce bottle) beer
- ½ teaspoon Rep pepper sauce
- 3 pounds Raw shrimp, peeled and
- Extra flour for dredging
- Oil for deep frying
- Stir together the flour, paprika and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk in the beer, red pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Let stand for at least 1 hour or cover and refrigerate until ready
- Fill a deep-fat fryer with oil about 3 inches deep and heat to 375
- Dip the shrimp in flour and then in the beer batter.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes or until the shrimp are golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
Photo credit: Jason Lam.
Wild Game Elk and Venison Recipes