BBQ Oysters With Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
These BBQ oysters are a wonderful appetizer and the blue cheesed dipping
sauce is awesome! Serve on the half shell for a beautiful presentation.
- 6 Louisiana Oysters, free of sand/grit
- 2 ounces Barbeque Oyster Sauce (see direcions)
- 1 ½ ounce blue cheese dressing
- Seasoned flour
- Chopped parsley
- 6 oyster shells
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Barbeque Oyster Sauce
- 5 ounces TABASCO Pepper Sauce
- 2 ½ Tbsp. honey
- 3 ¼ Tbsp. clarified butter
- Drain oysters and toss in seasoned flour.
- Fry until golden.
- Barbeque Oyster sauce should be kept in a warm place until needed.
- Toss oysters with sauce and chopped parsley and place in shells.
- Place shells on dinner plate lined with rock salt with the small end of
the oyster facing the middle of the plate.
- Put blue cheese dressing in bullet and garnish with chopped parsley and
place in the center of the place.
BBQ Oyster Sauce
- Combine margarine and honey and warm to 100 degrees.
- Using a hand blender, add hot sauce in a steady stream.
- Sauce will emulsify.
- For service, sauce should be warmed but not heated or sauce will break.
Cook/Prep Time: 1 Hour
Recipe and photo courtesy of Louisiana Seafood and Marketing Board. Name of
Chef: Gregg Collier. Used with permission.
Non Cajun Appetizers