Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
Baked Stuffed Pork Chops, delicious pork chops stuffed with seasoned
ground meat, or a stuffing mixture.
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups favorite prepared stuffing
or seasoned ground beef
- 6 double pork chops, slit for stuffing
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Salt and black or cayenne pepper to
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Place stuffing in pockets of pork
chop and secure with a toothpick or string.
- In a heavy skillet, brown the chops
in shortening; sprinkle with salt and pepper(s).
- Place chops in a shallow baking pan.
Combine the Heinz 57 sauce and water; pour over chops.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake in an oven
preheated to 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chops are
tender. For a browner pork chop, you could remove the foil 15 minutes before
the end of the cooking cycle.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
Skim excess fat from sauce; thicken sauce with one tablespoon flour/water
mixture. You should have about 1 ½ cups of sauce.
Yield : 6 servings Prep Time : 15 minutes Cook Time : 1:15 hour Ready In
: 1:30 hour
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Pork Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Real Cajun
Recipes. Photo courtesy of Ruby Buchanan. Used with permission.