Shrimp and Blue Cheese Grits with Seasonal Vegetables
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup white
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning or seasoning salt
- 5 pounds shrimp, peeled
and deveined with tail-on
- 4 cups stone ground grits
- 1 cup blue cheese,
- 5 pounds seasonal vegetables
(peppers, squash, mushrooms, etc.)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil,
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine olive oil, soy
sauce, white wine and Cajun seasoning. Add shrimp.
- Marinate 1 hour,
- While shrimp marinate, julienne the vegetables (recipe follows).
- Preheat grill.
- Cook grits following package directions.
- Add blue cheese and
simmer until thick. Cover to keep warm.
- Skewer shrimp and grill over an
open flame until fully cooked, about 5 minutes, turning once.
- While shrimp
grill, prepare vegetables.
- Clean and julienne vegetables. Heat a pan over
high heat, add oil, and sauté vegetables until softened, about 5 minutes.
basil and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place
grits on center of plate. Top with vegetables. Surround with shrimp.
Recipe courtesy of louisianaseafood.com and Louisiana Cookin'