Crawfish and Artichoke Casserole
- 6 T. butter
- 6T. flour
- 3 c. milk
- 1/4 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t. dry mustard
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- 1/4 t. hot pepper sauce
- 4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cans artichoke hearts
- 2 lbs. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese for topping
- Make a cream sauce of butter and flour, gradually adding hot milk and
- Season with salt, white pepper, Worcestershire,
mustard, hot pepper sauce and 1/2 c. Parmesan.
- Add chopped eggs and cook
until mixture thickens.
- Coat 8 individual casserole dishes or ramekins with
- Place a portion of crawfish in each dish and top with sauce.
2 or 3 whole artichoke hearts (depending on size) in each dish and top with
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes