Crawfish Stuffed Soft Shelled Crabs
- 8 soft shelled crabs
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper,
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. chopped crawfish tailmeat
1/4 lb. white crabmeat
- 6 oz. bread crumbs
- 1 qt. egg wash
(egg whites & water)
- 1 lb. self rising flour
- Oil for frying
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 lb. melted butter
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter until tender.
crawfish and crabmeat. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add bread
- Cool completely before stuffing crabs.
- Place stuffing between body
and upper shell.
- Submerge in egg wash and roll in flour.
- Repeat for each
- Deep fry in hot oil (340 degrees) for 10 minutes until golden.
standing on end with claws in the air.
- Top with Hollandaise sauce and serve
with new potatoes, flavored rice and broccoli.
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- Beat together first 3 ingredients for the sauce in a double boiler over
hot, not boiling, water. Heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in
butter, pouring in a thin stream.
- Season and keep warm in thermos until
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes