- 2 eggs
- 4 T. paprika
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. Creole mustard
- 1 ½ pts. salad oil
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/2 c. catsup
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 T. horseradish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. minced green onion
- 1/2 c. minced celery
- 1/4- 1/2 c. minced parsley
- 3-4 lbs. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- Shredded lettuce
- Combine eggs, paprika, salt and mustard in a mixing bowl. Very slowly
beat in oil in a steady stream to form an emulsion.
thickened, add vinegar, squeeze in lemon juice and drop in lemon pieces.
Add remaining ingredients except crawfish and lettuce.
at least 6 hours to let flavor combine.
- Before serving, remove lemon pieces
and bay leaves from sauce.
- Arrange crawfish tails on a bed of shredded
lettuce and top with sauce.
of Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Research Board, and Leslie Davis.
Cajun Recipes Page 1