Classic Catfish Po'Boy with Homemade Slaw
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 ounces fish breading
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups frying oil
- 2 6-inch French
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 pound slaw mix
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- To make slaw, combine all ingredients and season to taste; cover and
- In a shallow dish, mix breading and seasoning. Coat fillets
in mixture, shaking off any excess.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium
high heat. Add fillets; cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
once, remove catfish, and let drain on paper towel.
- Split French rolls
and spoon slaw mix in, place fried catfish on top of slaw, and add sliced
Recipe and photograph used with permission
from The Catfish Institute
Cajun Recipes Page 1