Alligator and Ham Soup
- 2 lb Alligator meat
- 2 tb Flour
- 1 Ham, small piece
- 1 Lemon,
- Onion, chopped
- Bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut ham into bits; mash herbs and seasonings with it, and put them
- Boil alligator meat 15 minutes. Remove from heat and save
the stock. Chop up the meat.
- Brown onions in lard or vegetable
oil; add turtle meat and brown well. Then add ham and seasonings,
- Add stock and 2-1/2 to 3 quarts water with
salt and various peppers (to taste) and also the lemon, chopped very
- Cook for an hour or so stirring frequently. Then serve.