Pueblo Green Chile Stew
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless pork sirloin, OR shoulder, cubed
- 1 tablespoon
- 3 12-oz cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 stalks celery,
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 4-oz cans green chiles, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt ,to taste
- In large Dutch oven or deep skillet with lid, brown pork cubes in oil
over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Add rest of
ingredients to pot; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve hot with fresh
corn or flour tortillas.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the
National Pork Board