Turkey With Fruit Stuffing
- 2 Boneless half turkey breasts
- 1 pack Pitted dates (10 ounces)
- 1 pack Dried apricot halves (6 oz)
- 1 c Walnut pieces
- 2 c Water
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cloves
- Cut 3 parallel, lengthwise, 1-inch deep slits in each turkey breast
half. Place turkey breast halves flat in a buttered roasting pan.
- Cut dates in thirds. Cut apricot halves in fourths.
- Combine dates,
apricots and remaining ingredients in saucepan. Heat, stirring
constantly. Simmer 2 minutes, stirring. Cool slightly.
slits in turkey with fruit mixture. Roast in preheated 325-degree oven 2
- Cut each breast half in 6 slices.
Makes 12 servings.